Kevin Hill - WildCamera
Lepe Country Park Photo Challenge 2019
Why Have A Lepe Country Park Photo Challenge?
Lepe Country Park, situated on the coastal edge of southern England's New Forest, is such a beautiful and engaging place. From wildflower meadows and woodland habitats to sand and shingle beaches it's a haven for outdoor lovers.
Lepe's wetland nature reserve, coastal dry land habitats and historical D-Day remains are places of interest for bird watchers, ecologists and historians alike. The coastal location and local weather patterns provide an idyllic place and great conditions for almost year round swimming, kayaking, wind and kite surfing. World famous ships and prestigious yachting races are often seen from the shores of the park and The Lookout with its spectacular views. The park is also a fabulous place to visit, have an ice-cream and spend a few hours at the beach. Combine all of this with Lepe's wildlife ponds, nature boardwalk, bird watching facilities and wildlife friendly sensory cottage garden, unique opportunities open up for those carrying a camera. This is where I step in.
As a professional photographer local to Lepe I'm fortunate enough to be able to visit the park regularly with my family and my camera. I've joined Lepe's countryside rangers on their reptile surveys to get some images of the resident snakes, slow worms and lizards for educational purposes. I've spent many hours in the park photographing its scenic landscapes and its varied wildlife. The park is also a great spot to photograph the moon from, which I've done on several occasions. With Lepe's plethora of countryside and seaside activities, stunning views and wildlife packed habitats to enjoy and photograph, I'm delighted to announce that together we've created a Lepe photo challenge to get 2019 underway.
Photo Challenge Support Information
London Camera Exchange (Civic Centre Southampton) are supporting the photo challenge and are providing some of the prizes. The staff at London Camera Exchange are knowledgeable and compassionate about photography and love to see innovate, well-considered and compositionally-exciting photographs.
What Are The Photo Challenge Categories?
When Does The Photo Challenge Start and Finish?
January 1st to March 31st 2019.
Who Can Enter the Challenge?
Can I Enter All Four Categories?
How Many Images Can I Submit to Each Category?
Is The Photo Challenge Free To Enter?
Will My Images Be Seen On Social Media?
When Will The Winning Photos Be Announced?
Friday 5th April 2019
What Are The Prizes
1. Overall winner: One-to-one photography masterclass with professional photographer Kevin Hill, an annual parking pass for Lepe Country Park, professionally printed image and a £20 voucher for lunch for two at The Lookout.
2. Category winners: An annual parking pass for Lepe Country Park, professionally printed image and a £10 voucher for coffee and cake for two at The Lookout.
3. Category Runners up: Professionally printed image and a £10 voucher for coffee and cake for two at The Lookout.
How Do I Submit My Photo(s) To The Challenge?
Email entry submissions to email@example.com
What Information Should I Include With My Submission Photos?
1. Full Name
2. Challenge Category
3. Facebook Address
4. Phone Number
Who Are The Judges?
The Judges are Kevin Hill and a representative from Lepe Country Park. The judges say is final.
Queries about the photo challenge and judging in general should be made to Kevin at firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the email link at the bottom of the page.
Important information and GDPR
The personal data you provide will be treated in accordance with European Data Protection Legislation. Your data will only be used to process your photo and provide you with information about your entry. It will not be shared with third parties. Your data will be retained for a maximum period of one year from the date of your entry. The legal basis for our use of this information is Performance of a Public Interest task. You have some legal rights in respect of the personal information collected from you.
Any people in your photo(s) should also be made aware the photo(s) is/are being taken and what for. Please ensure your own safety and only go where permitted and safe to do so to get your photo(s). If you have a concern about the way your data is collected and used, you should raise your concern with Kevin Hill in the first instance or directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office; https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
Terms and Conditions
1. Copyright: The photographer (Content Provider) retains all rights, licence, copyright, title and ownership of the Media submitted to the Lepe Country Park Photo Challenge 2019 (Lepe Challenge 2019).
2. Licence: The photographer (Content Provider) grants WildCamera Photography and Lepe Country Park perpetual worldwide licence to use submitted Media for permitted commercial purposes, defined as:
- Advertising, promotion, brochures and packaging.
- As part of a commercial website for promotional use.
- Prints, Posters, Flyers and tear-sheets for promotional purposes (not for resale).
- Prints, Posters or other commercial display of Media.
- Magazines, books, newspapers and other printed publications.
3. This competition is being run by Kevin Hill, independently of Hampshire County Council.